The 2022 MLK Day of Service is almost here – and Americans across the country are rolling up their sleeves in service. Are you ready to get out and serve?
The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service is a defining moment each year when Americans across the country step up to make our communities more equitable and take action to create the Beloved Community of Dr. King’s dream. While Dr. King believed The Beloved Community was possible, he acknowledged and fought for systemic change. His example is our call to action.
Making time to volunteer for MLK Day of Service is a great way to engage with your community while honoring the legacy of Dr. King. Whether you plan on cleaning up a public space, mentoring a young person or engaging dialogue to explore ways to address inequity, foster inclusion and improve access, honor Dr. King’s legacy through service.
Pledge to serve in his honor.
Looking for a way to participate? Sign up to volunteer!
- We are helping our friends at Letters Against Isolation
- Or, search for other opportunities at AmeriCorps.gov/MLKDay
Be sure to share your thoughts and photos from your volunteer service that day:
- Share photos, videos, and posts about your service with the hashtag #MLKDay and tag @AmeriCorps + @TheKingCenter on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Connect with other volunteers and check-in on the @AmeriCorps Facebook page
- Follow @AmeriCorps and @TheKingCenter on Instagram for the latest MLK Day updates and resources.